The Peddlers

Search:
Latest Update

31 January 2021

Addition to Galleries Page - Personal Collection.  Thanks to Dave Stewart.

7 July 2020

Addition to Galleries page - Peddlers on Dutch TV.  Thanks to Terry Sinett.

13 May 2020

Thanks to Terry Sinnett for additions to Galleries page.

10 October 2018

Great New Roy Phillips album, "Standard Procedure 1"

A set of songs given the classic Peddlers treatment includes "Summertime", "Got My Mojo Working", "Let It Be" and a live version of "My Way" recorded in 1974 by the Peddlers in Amsterdam.

now available from Roy's website

www.royphillips.org  

8 April 2017

Thanks to our friend Bas Mollenkramer for these images of the ultra rare

French release of 'Suite London'

See Galleries

8 March 2013

New image sent in by Jurgen Degasperi!

See Galleries

13 July 2012

Live Photos 1976-1980

See Galleries

15 June 2012

'Southern Woman'

TV clip added to Discography

See 'Birthday'

5 June 2012

New Gallery Page

6 Sept 2007

Ladies and gentlemen,
The Peddlers

24 Sept 2007 

Roy's New CD

Dancing With Shadows

19 August 2006

Suite London

15 April 2006

'Suite London' now on cd! Order here    

7 March 2006

Tis' here enjoy

Click the above link for Roy Phillip's new album! and DVD

Peddlers Forum

[Add a reply]Add a reply
*Back to index

Chat about The Peddlers

Page 2 of 3Pages: 1 >2< 3
Re: Let's get talking
Del
18 May 2017
09:46:16

[quote in reply]

Peter Horton wrote:

> Lockshen Pudding? Not one of my favorite tracks. What on earth though is Lockshen Pudding? Any offers?

Love that track. If you do a forum search you will find the recipe Peter!

Roy
18 May 2017
14:32:21

[quote in reply]

Peter Horton wrote:

> Lockshen Pudding? Not one of my favorite tracks. What on earth though is Lockshen Pudding? Any offers?

Here's the link to the recipe Peter get cooking.

http://thepeddlers.co.uk/default.asp?ContentID=569

See also: http://http://thepeddlers.co.uk/default.asp?Conten [new window]

John
19 May 2017
16:51:03

[quote in reply]

Here's the link. Enjoy!

www.thepeddlers.co.uk/default.asp?ContentID=56

See also: http: [new window]

John
19 May 2017
16:59:02

[quote in reply]

One more try! Paste the following link into your browser, light the oven, follow the recipe and enjoy!

www.thepeddlers.co.uk/default.asp?ContentID=569

Peter Horton
23 June 2017
20:38:27

[quote in reply]

Didn't fancy Lockshen Pudding after all so I had a pork pie instead!

The other day I played Working Again first time for ages and thought wow! what a great track that is.

Anybody recently been playing The Peddlers and been wowed by any track?

Name Removed
24 July 2017
19:01:40

[quote in reply]

hi all, i am still there. just listened to "manah" and thought of this wonderful page where all began for me and my love to the peddlers.

if you need some rare stuff like a fine rip of live in amsterdam just send me a mail or comment here. cheers guys.

j.

Peter Horton
18 September 2017
21:05:42

[quote in reply]

Three singles stood out as representing a great era for The Peddlers.

BIRTH - GIRLIE - TELL THE WORLD WE'RE NOT IN

Which of those three did you like best and can you tell us what was so good about it.

Come on, let's get talking again.

Del
26 September 2017
09:32:30

[quote in reply]

Re Let's get talking

Peter Horton wrote:

> Three singles stood out as representing a great era for The Peddlers.

> BIRTH - GIRLIE - TELL THE WORLD WE'RE NOT IN

> Which of those three did you like best and can you tell us what was so good about it.

> Come on, let's get talking again.

Well "Girlie" was probably the track that got the Peddler's noticed by a wider audience. The lyrics on "Birth" are wonderful and remains a firm favourite of mine. "Tell The World We're Not In" has that fantastic wah wah sound used in conjunction with the hammond and shows off Roy's superb playing skills. Favourite of the three? All of them! :)

13 October 2017
18:03:16

[quote in reply]

Hiya,

Wow, its great to see some conversations here. Well I'm coming into this a bit late. However, I would have to agree with Del and say all of them. 'Three for all' was my first album I heard from The Pedders. I would have to admit that it was a game changer in my musical taste.

I can only narrow it down to albums, it's got to be Suite London (amazing concept album) and Heavy on the light (Paul Johnson on drums and Tab's bass playing is brilliant) for me.

Whilst the old songs are classics, I do think Blue Groove is a wonderful album. And Roy's newer material is so strong. Master craftsman still at work :-)

Peter Horton
17 October 2017
22:09:26

[quote in reply]

Master craftsman still at work... I have to agree. Blue Groove is a superb example of his later inspirations showing just how potent a writer he still is. Looking forward to Ooh La La and the other album of standards he has in mind. Good things to come for those who loved the Peddlers and for those just discovering them.
Peter Horton
24 December 2017
20:09:24

[quote in reply]

And the little girl laughed when the little boy laughed and the woman laughs 'cause the man was laughing and the great big world was smilin' down on them............how good are those lyrics!
Peter Horton
17 February 2018
22:07:46

[quote in reply]

I love you girlie........
Peter Horton
13 April 2018
22:12:49

[quote in reply]

Is There Anyone Out There?

The Peddlers dared to be different to the rest and came up with some of the most sophisticated sounds of the day in the late 60s and early 70s.

If only a handful of us still appreciate those memorable tracks, let's keep on talking and keep this website alive.

Tell us about the track you remember with such affection. We want to know!

Simon Broad
23 December 2018
20:42:19

[quote in reply]

My three favourite tracks : Lover, Pentathalon and What’ll I Do. Is Roy still in touch with Tab and Trevor, I wonder ?
Peter Horton
01 September 2019
23:02:23

[quote in reply]

In this crazy world have the words to Birth ever been more meaningful? Love Roy's music.
Paul
10 September 2019
16:45:17

[quote in reply]

Peter Horton wrote:

> In this crazy world have the words to Birth ever been more meaningful? Love Roy's music.

Couldn't agree more Peter, here's a great live version on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/yjHaBxXSwf4

Terry Sinnett
11 September 2019
18:27:57

[quote in reply]

Hi Peter

You’re absolutely right, but then there’s lots of Roy’s work that is so relevant, and just beautiful to listen to.

We are lucky and privileged to know and be able to enjoy his, and the boys, music.

Greetings to all Pedds fans, from Wales

Terry Sinnett
11 September 2019
18:29:09

[quote in reply]

Hi Peter

You’re absolutely right, but then there’s lots of Roy’s work that is so relevant, and just beautiful to listen to.

We are lucky and privileged to know and be able to enjoy his, and the boys, music.

Terry Sinnett
11 September 2019
18:29:40

[quote in reply]

Hi Peter

Peter Horton
14 September 2019
21:37:41

[quote in reply]

For anyone still interested, I finally managed to get a copy of Mr. Peddler on Discogs for £62. Love the music!

Previous PageNext Page
* Messages in this forum
* Forum topics

The opinions expressed in the forums are those of the poster and not neccesarily those of the editors. Please report abuse of this site to the webmaster.