The Peddlers

Search:
Latest Update

31 January 2021

Addition to Galleries Page - Personal Collection.  Thanks to Dave Stewart.

7 July 2020

Addition to Galleries page - Peddlers on Dutch TV.  Thanks to Terry Sinett.

13 May 2020

Thanks to Terry Sinnett for additions to Galleries page.

10 October 2018

Great New Roy Phillips album, "Standard Procedure 1"

A set of songs given the classic Peddlers treatment includes "Summertime", "Got My Mojo Working", "Let It Be" and a live version of "My Way" recorded in 1974 by the Peddlers in Amsterdam.

now available from Roy's website

www.royphillips.org  

8 April 2017

Thanks to our friend Bas Mollenkramer for these images of the ultra rare

French release of 'Suite London'

See Galleries

8 March 2013

New image sent in by Jurgen Degasperi!

See Galleries

13 July 2012

Live Photos 1976-1980

See Galleries

15 June 2012

'Southern Woman'

TV clip added to Discography

See 'Birthday'

5 June 2012

New Gallery Page

6 Sept 2007

Ladies and gentlemen,
The Peddlers

24 Sept 2007 

Roy's New CD

Dancing With Shadows

19 August 2006

Suite London

15 April 2006

'Suite London' now on cd! Order here    

7 March 2006

Tis' here enjoy

Click the above link for Roy Phillip's new album! and DVD

Peddlers Forum

[Add a reply]Add a reply
*Back to index

Chat about The Peddlers

Peddlers archives
Derek Wales
18 May 2005
15:18:10

[quote in reply]

Hi to all fellow Peddlers/Roy Phillips fans out there.

I have been doing some research into any old Peddlers footage/clips and have come up with these performance details for Top of the Pops:-

The Peddlers Birth 28th August, 1969 Jimmy Savile Performance No

The Peddlers Girley 15th January, 1970 Jimmy Savile Repeat Performance No

The Peddlers Tell The World We're Not In 6th August, 1970 Jimmy Savile Performance No

The Peddlers Let Me Be Turned To Stone 6th May, 1971 Jimmy Savile Performance No

The Peddlers Have You Ever Been To Georgia 26th August, 1971 Jimmy Savile Repeat Performance No

I note there is no performance numbers listed and whether these are actual perfomances that were screened I am not sure.

If any of you have any more info or contacts in the BBC perhaps you could contact me or this website.

I have posted on this subject before without any success but I am sure that there must be some footage in the can somewhere. It would be great if we could find it.

Not long now for Roy's new album release. A real treat to look forward to.

Regards to all Peddlers fans,

Derek

David Ross
06 June 2005
16:17:01

[quote in reply]

Re:Peddlers archives

Derek Wales wrote:

> Hi to all fellow Peddlers/Roy Phillips fans out there.

> I have been doing some research into any old Peddlers footage/clips and have come up with these performance details for Top of the Pops:-

>

>

> The Peddlers Birth 28th August, 1969 Jimmy Savile Performance No

> The Peddlers Girley 15th January, 1970 Jimmy Savile Repeat Performance No

> The Peddlers Tell The World We're Not In 6th August, 1970 Jimmy Savile Performance No

> The Peddlers Let Me Be Turned To Stone 6th May, 1971 Jimmy Savile Performance No

> The Peddlers Have You Ever Been To Georgia 26th August, 1971 Jimmy Savile Repeat Performance No

> I note there is no performance numbers listed and whether these are actual perfomances that were screened I am not sure.

> If any of you have any more info or contacts in the BBC perhaps you could contact me or this website.

> I have posted on this subject before without any success but I am sure that there must be some footage in the can somewhere. It would be great if we could find it.

> Not long now for Roy's new album release. A real treat to look forward to.

> Regards to all Peddlers fans,

> Derek

>

>

Paul
10 June 2005
21:08:51

[quote in reply]

Hiya Derek and Co,

I have access to the BBC tv archive and did a search for any Peddlars material that might still exist. I'm afraid nothing has been found. Diddley squat.

If Roy and the lads appeared on a sixties Top Of The Pops than the tape would probably have been wiped at the time. The BBC had no idea that this stuff would have any kind of historic value in years to come. Idiotic snobs were probably in charge and there is probably millions of sixties recordings of dull chamber music recitals sitting in the Beeb basement that nobody gives a damn about. Ah well..

However, it's not *all* bad news. My buddy has found a brilliant TV performance of The Peddlers on a 1971 show called Roger Whittiker's World Of Music, I have yet to see. I'll keep you posted.

Stay peddlin'

Derek Wales wrote:

> I have been doing some research into any old Peddlers footage/clips and have come up with these performance details for Top of the Pops:-

>

>

> The Peddlers Tell The World We're Not In 6th August, 1970 Jimmy Savile Performance No

> The Peddlers Let Me Be Turned To Stone 6th May, 1971 Jimmy Savile Performance No

> The Peddlers Have You Ever Been To Georgia 26th August, 1971 Jimmy Savile Repeat Performance No

> I note there is no performance numbers listed and whether these are actual perfomances that were screened I am not sure.

> If any of you have any more info or contacts in the BBC perhaps you could contact me or this website.

> I have posted on this subject before without any success but I am sure that there must be some footage in the can somewhere. It would be great if we could find it.

> Derek

>

>

Tanya Brearey
01 July 2005
16:05:51

[quote in reply]

Hi there my dad was the bass player Tab Martin and we have absolutely no footage of the Peddlers..I know he and I would love whatever anyone could send us....my dad is now in Portugal and doing great...please let me know..thanks so much....Tanya

tkleckner31@msn.com

Derek Wales wrote:

>

>

> The Peddlers Tell The World We're Not In 6th August, 1970 Jimmy Savile Per

formance No

> Derek

>

>

Derek Wales
01 July 2005
16:56:10

[quote in reply]

Derek Wales wrote:

>

>

> Derek

Hi Tanya,

I have sent you an email.

Regards

Derek

>

>

Brian Rowstron
05 July 2005
01:58:06

[quote in reply]

Tanya Brearey wrote:

> Hi there my dad was the bass player Tab Martin and we have absolutely no footage of the Peddlers..I know he and I would love whatever anyone could send us....my dad is now in Portugal and doing great...please let me know..thanks so much....Tanya

> tkleckner31@msn.com

Hi there Tanya! What a breath of fresh air!! Your dad, along with Roy, Trevor and Paul, were, and still are, well-respected musicians and us "die hard" Peddlers nuts welcome you to this site with open arms! Roy is easy to track down and keep up with, but we know or have heard little of Tab, Trevor and Paul, so if you have anything else you'd like to share with us, we'd be over the moon! Maybe you could get dad to stick his head in and say hello too, ... pleeeease???!!! Brian.

* Messages in this forum
* Forum topics

The opinions expressed in the forums are those of the poster and not neccesarily those of the editors. Please report abuse of this site to the webmaster.