The Peddlers

Search:
Latest Update

31 January 2021

Addition to Galleries Page - Personal Collection.  Thanks to Dave Stewart.

7 July 2020

Addition to Galleries page - Peddlers on Dutch TV.  Thanks to Terry Sinett.

13 May 2020

Thanks to Terry Sinnett for additions to Galleries page.

10 October 2018

Great New Roy Phillips album, "Standard Procedure 1"

A set of songs given the classic Peddlers treatment includes "Summertime", "Got My Mojo Working", "Let It Be" and a live version of "My Way" recorded in 1974 by the Peddlers in Amsterdam.

now available from Roy's website

www.royphillips.org  

8 April 2017

Thanks to our friend Bas Mollenkramer for these images of the ultra rare

French release of 'Suite London'

See Galleries

8 March 2013

New image sent in by Jurgen Degasperi!

See Galleries

13 July 2012

Live Photos 1976-1980

See Galleries

15 June 2012

'Southern Woman'

TV clip added to Discography

See 'Birthday'

5 June 2012

New Gallery Page

6 Sept 2007

Ladies and gentlemen,
The Peddlers

24 Sept 2007 

Roy's New CD

Dancing With Shadows

19 August 2006

Suite London

15 April 2006

'Suite London' now on cd! Order here    

7 March 2006

Tis' here enjoy

Click the above link for Roy Phillip's new album! and DVD

Peddlers Forum

[Add a reply]Add a reply
*Back to index

Chat about The Peddlers

"That's Way 'Tis"
Brian (Australia)
08 March 2006
01:28:29

[quote in reply]

It's here an it's great!! Roy's new CD is now ready for your enjoyment!! Go get it, all you Peddlers/Roy Phillips fans, ... you won't be disappointed!!

Alf (NZ)
10 March 2006
21:56:58

[quote in reply]

Re: That's Way 'Tis

I'm one of the lucky ones who's already heard Roy's new CD and I love it. But then anything the master does is alright by me. This is one for all peddlers fans.

Brian (OZ)
15 March 2006
02:28:45

[quote in reply]

Hey! You LIVE in NZ Alf??!! How lucky can you be? Do you get to see Roy's concerts? How close to Queenstown are you? "That's Way 'Tis" is indeed a brilliant album, ... and Hine sets it off just right. You're so lucky to live so close to such talent. Mmmmm, ... I can feel a New Zealand holiday coming on!!  

Peter Horton
31 March 2006
22:58:02

[quote in reply]

This album exceeded my wildest expectations.

This is is Roy Phillips at his most intimate, most passionate, most personal. A record dedicated to his dad!

Title track tells all about his past, his inspirations and people who shaped his music which we all love. What about Jack's Back? Peddlers all over again!!

Hine Marchand does serious justice to the two tracks on which she contributes. Lovin' Is is a superb variation on the version some of us know from Heavy On The Light Side album. Another Time Another Place, what a great track. For me best track is Ever Wondered. Mysterious, deep, penetrating track, New Zealand feel about it, if you know what I mean. Such meaningful lyrics which we all can relate to and knod our heads to in agreement.

For me, this is some of Roy's greatest work. More please.

Alf
13 November 2006
06:34:18

[quote in reply]

Hi Brian... you can tell I don't check in here that often! Yes I've seen all of Roy's Queenstown concerts and he even performed with a group of musos at a party on our deck in November 2001.

And my wife and I have been privileged to sit in front of Roy's keyboard for a few private performances in recent years while he experminented with new music. Now that was a great buzz!

Roy has now moved to Christchurch - a much larger place - and is cranking out a few concerts at smaller venues from time to time. And he opened the Nelson Jazz Festival this year. Rumour has it that he'll be doing the same gig next year. Well worth catching if you're in New Zealand.

Brian (Australia)
14 November 2006
02:08:10

[quote in reply]

Re: Roy & the Nelson Jazz Festival NZ

Hi Alf, ... and all you Peddlers/Roy P devotees out there!!

Alf, !!! ... how lucky can you be??!! You've seen the man! You've heard the man!! Up close an' personal!! I envy you, ... as I'm sure many other readers of this page do too.

Well, ... no promises, ... but I'm hoping to be there at the opening of the next Nelson Jazz Festival. If you could keep me posted with dates and any other info', that'd be great, please. Use my home email address if you like, browstron@optusnet.com.au   as, like you, I can't always check in here at this brill' Pedd's website as often as I'd like to. 

Good luck to you Alf, ... hope you get to "drink in" the man many more times yet.

ATB   Brian.

Delboy
14 November 2006
15:51:44

[quote in reply]

Re: Roy & the Nelson Jazz Festival NZ

Its OK for you guy's, theres one hell of a big pond inbetween NZ and the UK !

If you get to see Roy, enjoy it !

Del

* Messages in this forum
* Forum topics

The opinions expressed in the forums are those of the poster and not neccesarily those of the editors. Please report abuse of this site to the webmaster.