The Peddlers

Search:
Latest Update

31 January 2021

Addition to Galleries Page - Personal Collection.  Thanks to Dave Stewart.

7 July 2020

Addition to Galleries page - Peddlers on Dutch TV.  Thanks to Terry Sinett.

13 May 2020

Thanks to Terry Sinnett for additions to Galleries page.

10 October 2018

Great New Roy Phillips album, "Standard Procedure 1"

A set of songs given the classic Peddlers treatment includes "Summertime", "Got My Mojo Working", "Let It Be" and a live version of "My Way" recorded in 1974 by the Peddlers in Amsterdam.

now available from Roy's website

www.royphillips.org  

8 April 2017

Thanks to our friend Bas Mollenkramer for these images of the ultra rare

French release of 'Suite London'

See Galleries

8 March 2013

New image sent in by Jurgen Degasperi!

See Galleries

13 July 2012

Live Photos 1976-1980

See Galleries

15 June 2012

'Southern Woman'

TV clip added to Discography

See 'Birthday'

5 June 2012

New Gallery Page

6 Sept 2007

Ladies and gentlemen,
The Peddlers

24 Sept 2007 

Roy's New CD

Dancing With Shadows

19 August 2006

Suite London

15 April 2006

'Suite London' now on cd! Order here    

7 March 2006

Tis' here enjoy

Click the above link for Roy Phillip's new album! and DVD

Peddlers Forum

[Add a reply]Add a reply
*Back to index

Chat about The Peddlers

Lyrics
Eva
16 June 2006
10:43:27

[quote in reply]

Hi,

I love the music of  The Peddlers.

My father had an album who used to play a lot.

I heard the songs many times, heard them later in life and I loved them even more. What a voice, I love it.

People, In the Still of the night, I'm a boy in love, Prime of my life, Basin' street blues are some of my favorite songs.

Now I would like to have the lyrics of the Peddler songs.

Who knows where I can find them.

Thanx.

Brian
22 June 2006
04:27:00

[quote in reply]

Why don't you contact Roy Phillips himself via his website for anything original? The rest, all the brilliantly performed standard classics that you mention, can be found quite easily on the net. Just "Google" the title and add the word "lyrics". You'll be amazed at what's out there! Good luck!

Eva
24 June 2006
21:24:44

[quote in reply]

Thanks Brian,

I think I will try the website.

I tried to find "The Prime of My Life" but couldnt find it.

No Lyrics of the Peddlers, maybe one.

I see a lot Smut Peddlers though, but they are of no use to me... hehe.

Thanks again for answering.

Bye.

Delboy
26 June 2006
14:48:29

[quote in reply]

Hi Eva,

If I had a pound for every time I have played this song, I would be a rich man !

What a superb track from the fantastic Peddlers and demonstrates their remarkable talent.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Derek

Here's the lyrics as I see them :-

THE PRIME OF MY LIFE HAS BEGUN TONIGHT

THE WORLD AT JUST ONE DAY OLD

THE RHYME OF MY LIFE HAS A REASON NOW

MY HAND HAS LOT TO HOLD

HELLO TO LIFE MY HEARTS COME TO GREET YOU

HELLO-OH ITS SO NICE TO MEET YOU

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ?

OH THE PRIME OF MY LIFE HAS ARRIVED AT LAST

WHEN YOUR LOVE CAME THROUGH THE DOOR

AND I'VE LEARNED THE TRUTH OF ETERNAL YOUTH

HMM AND JUST A LITTLE MORE

LOVE IS WHAT THE PRIME OF LIFE IS FOR

ORGAN SOLO

HELLO LOVE OH MY HEARTS HERE TO GREET YOU

HELLO LOVE ITS SO NICE TO MEET YOU WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN

NOW I MEAN THIS

THE PRIME OF MY LIFE HAS ARRIVED AT LAST

AND I' VE LEARNED THE TRUTH OF ETERNAL YOUTH

HA AND JUST A LITTLE MORE

Delboy
27 June 2006
11:44:11

[quote in reply]

Following my posting re :- "Prime Of My Life" lyrics I would like to change two words, one of which was spotted by my good friend "Down Under Brian" !

4th line should be "Love to Hold not "Lot to Hold"

6th line should be "Hello Love" not "Hello-Oh"

OK so no quips about my age and hearing !!!!

Near enough for Jazz now I think !

Regards to all Peddlers fans worldwide

Keep the faith

Del

Downunder Brian
27 June 2006
12:11:35

[quote in reply]

Eva, ... between Del and myself, I reckon we could supply you with the lyrics to all of them! Contact me directly at my email address with any that you need / want and I'm sure Del and I could fill in any gaps that you may have! I've been a Peddlers fan for 40 years and Del's an authority on them, so between us you should get everything you want. I imagine they're out of copyright by now, but even so, I'm sure Roy and the boys wouldn't mind us "spreading the word"s, ... literally!

And to all you other Pedds nuts out there, complete the following ... "If only I had the powers ... of great unlimit", ......................................................................................

mike plosker
29 June 2006
00:42:27

[quote in reply]

Downunder Brian wrote:

Eva, ... between Del and myself, I reckon we could supply you with the lyrics to all of them! Contact me directly at my email address with any that you need / want and I'm sure Del and I could fill in any gaps that you may have! I've been a Peddlers fan for 40 years and Del's an authority on them, so between us you should get everything you want. I imagine they're out of copyright by now, but even so, I'm sure Roy and the boys wouldn't mind us "spreading the word"s, ... literally!

And to all you other Pedds nuts out there, complete the following ... "If only I had the powers ... of great unlimit", ......................................................................................

mike plosker
29 June 2006
00:44:06

[quote in reply]

Downunder Brian wrote:

I'd stop the world, put it right and then re-spin it.

Delboy
30 June 2006
07:19:56

[quote in reply]

mike plosker wrote:

> Downunder Brian wrote:

> Eva, ... between Del and myself, I reckon we could supply you with the lyrics to _all_ of them! Contact me directly at my email address with any that you need / want and I'm sure Del and I could fill in any gaps that you may have! I've been a Peddlers fan for 40 years and Del's an authority on them, so between us you should get everything you want. I imagine they're out of copyright by now, but even so, I'm sure Roy and the boys wouldn't mind us "spreading the word"s, ... literally! And to all you other Pedds nuts out there, complete the following ... "If only I had the powers ... of great unlimit", ...................................................................................... I'd stop the world, put it right and then re-spin it.

>

Well done Mike. Not here's one thats a little trickier !

Complete the following !

"Our Love Is Like Holding A Candle To The Sun, ............ ?

Roy Phillips.

mike plosker
30 June 2006
09:31:36

[quote in reply]

Delboy wrote:

mike plosker wrote:

> Downunder Brian wrote:

> Eva, ... between Del and myself, I reckon we could supply you with the lyrics to _all_ of them! Contact me directly at my email address with any that you need / want and I'm sure Del and I could fill in any gaps that you may have! I've been a Peddlers fan for 40 years and Del's an authority on them, so between us you should get everything you want. I imagine they're out of copyright by now, but even so, I'm sure Roy and the boys wouldn't mind us "spreading the word"s, ... literally! And to all you other Pedds nuts out there, complete the following ... "If only I had the powers ... of great unlimit", ...................................................................................... I'd stop the world, put it right and then re-spin it.

>

Complete the following !

Roy Phillips.

mike plosker
30 June 2006
09:32:42

[quote in reply]

mike plosker wrote:

and the sun goes down

Delboy wrote:

mike plosker wrote:

> Downunder Brian wrote:

>

Complete the following !

Roy Phillips.

Eva
15 August 2006
23:02:54

[quote in reply]

I can't seem to see the replies.

I thought I would post a message to see if  I will be able to see the content after I've done so.

Eva

Eva
15 August 2006
23:03:51

[quote in reply]

Eva wrote:

I can't seem to see the replies.

I thought I would post a message to see if  I will be able to see the content after I've done so.

Eva

Sorry, I think it was a matter of scrolling.... sorry.

Eva
15 August 2006
23:22:24

[quote in reply]

Brian, I just sent you message through email.

Thank you guys for the replies.

You're the best.

Eva

Eva
15 August 2006
23:24:06

[quote in reply]

Delboy wrote:

Hi Eva,

If I had a pound for every time I have played this song, I would be a rich man !

What a superb track from the fantastic Peddlers and demonstrates their remarkable talent.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Derek

Here's the lyrics as I see them :-

THE PRIME OF MY LIFE HAS BEGUN TONIGHT

THE WORLD AT JUST ONE DAY OLD

THE RHYME OF MY LIFE HAS A REASON NOW

MY HAND HAS LOT TO HOLD

HELLO TO LIFE MY HEARTS COME TO GREET YOU

HELLO-OH ITS SO NICE TO MEET YOU

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ?

OH THE PRIME OF MY LIFE HAS ARRIVED AT LAST

AND I'VE LEARNED THE TRUTH OF ETERNAL YOUTH

HMM AND JUST A LITTLE MORE

ORGAN SOLO

HELLO LOVE OH MY HEARTS HERE TO GREET YOU

HELLO LOVE ITS SO NICE TO MEET YOU WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN

NOW I MEAN THIS

THE PRIME OF MY LIFE HAS ARRIVED AT LAST

AND I' VE LEARNED THE TRUTH OF ETERNAL YOUTH

HA AND JUST A LITTLE MORE

Thanx.....

* Messages in this forum
* Forum topics

The opinions expressed in the forums are those of the poster and not neccesarily those of the editors. Please report abuse of this site to the webmaster.