The Peddlers

Search:
Latest Update

31 January 2021

Addition to Galleries Page - Personal Collection.  Thanks to Dave Stewart.

7 July 2020

Addition to Galleries page - Peddlers on Dutch TV.  Thanks to Terry Sinett.

13 May 2020

Thanks to Terry Sinnett for additions to Galleries page.

10 October 2018

Great New Roy Phillips album, "Standard Procedure 1"

A set of songs given the classic Peddlers treatment includes "Summertime", "Got My Mojo Working", "Let It Be" and a live version of "My Way" recorded in 1974 by the Peddlers in Amsterdam.

now available from Roy's website

www.royphillips.org  

8 April 2017

Thanks to our friend Bas Mollenkramer for these images of the ultra rare

French release of 'Suite London'

See Galleries

8 March 2013

New image sent in by Jurgen Degasperi!

See Galleries

13 July 2012

Live Photos 1976-1980

See Galleries

15 June 2012

'Southern Woman'

TV clip added to Discography

See 'Birthday'

5 June 2012

New Gallery Page

6 Sept 2007

Ladies and gentlemen,
The Peddlers

24 Sept 2007 

Roy's New CD

Dancing With Shadows

19 August 2006

Suite London

15 April 2006

'Suite London' now on cd! Order here    

7 March 2006

Tis' here enjoy

Click the above link for Roy Phillip's new album! and DVD

Peddlers Forum

[Add a reply]Add a reply
*Back to index

Chat about The Peddlers

Reissues News Flash
Webmaster
16 March 2002
14:05:20

[quote in reply]

The Peddlers CD reissues are still on target for release this year. Sony have decided on a 2CD set which will include the three CBS albums, 'Freewheelers', 'Three in a Cell' and 'Birthday' plus hopefully all the singles and b-sides that were issued by the label (check the discography page for details). The original recordings are being 24 bit digitally remastered but unfortunately no unreleased recordings have yet come to light. No release date has been set as yet but hopefully we won't have to wait too long. More news as and when.........
adar
18 March 2002
10:42:19

[quote in reply]

Re:Reissues News Flash

when ? when ? when ?

by the way any chance for a cd issue of suite london ?

adar

Mike Masterton
19 March 2002
23:12:20

[quote in reply]

I must say I am a little disapionted,at only a 2 cd set,the cds

that are named I have anyway,I was hoping for rarer material,and

what about Suite London,my vynal album is getting worn.

> The Peddlers CD reissues are still on target for release this year. Sony have decided on a 2CD set which will include the three CBS albums, 'Freewheelers', 'Three in a Cell' and 'Birthday' plus hopefully all the singles and b-sides that were issued by the label (check the discography page for details). The original recordings are being 24 bit digitally remastered but unfortunately no unreleased recordings have yet come to light. No release date has been set as yet but hopefully we won't have to wait too long. More news as and when.........

John
20 March 2002
21:02:07

[quote in reply]

The 'Suite London' album isn't owned by Sony so can't be part of this reissue. The album was on the same label as 'Live at the Pickwick' and 'Three for All' which were released on cd by See for Miles in 1998. So over to them......

Webmaster wrote:

> The Peddlers CD reissues are still on target for release this year. Sony have decided on a 2CD set which will include the three CBS albums, 'Freewheelers', 'Three in a Cell' and 'Birthday' plus hopefully all the singles and b-sides that were issued by the label (check the discography page for details). The original recordings are being 24 bit digitally remastered but unfortunately no unreleased recordings have yet come to light. No release date has been set as yet but hopefully we won't have to wait too long. More news as and when.........

Phil
21 March 2002
04:18:33

[quote in reply]

John wrote:

> The 'Suite London' album isn't owned by Sony so can't be part of this reissue. The album was on the same label as 'Live at the Pickwick' and 'Three for All' which were released on cd by See for Miles in 1998. So over to them......

>

> Webmaster wrote:

> > The Peddlers CD reissues are still on target for release this year. Sony have decided on a 2CD set which will include the three CBS albums, 'Freewheelers', 'Three in a Cell' and 'Birthday' plus hopefully all the singles and b-sides that were issued by the label (check the discography page for details). The original recordings are being 24 bit digitally remastered but unfortunately no unreleased recordings have yet come to light. No release date has been set as yet but hopefully we won't have to wait too long. More news as and when.........

Phil
21 March 2002
22:44:14

[quote in reply]

I have just purchased the Peddlers part 1 & 2 when in New Zealand last weekend, ref # COL 472895 2 & COL 472896 2

. manufacture in Australia by Sony Music. Have been unable to buy in Aust. and no luck on the internet.

Mike Masterton
23 March 2002
20:49:22

[quote in reply]

I have checked the single list and yes,good idea if they release

them nice and crisp, "Rainy Day in London" will be good to hear in stereo hopefully,mono was/is damn good anyway.Keep up the work on the site,alway's appreciated. Mike.

Roy
25 March 2002
19:07:20

[quote in reply]

Most interested in the new CD of The Peddlars. Please let me know by email as soon as it's released.

Many Thanks

Roy

Webmaster wrote:

Ry
02 April 2002
05:07:39

[quote in reply]

Webmaster wrote:

I've been trying to get a decent recording of 'Birthday' for the last 25 years! I hope this album will be released soon an hopefully will be available from the major suppliers,eg Tower Records or Virgin

Ry

mike plosker
14 April 2002
19:09:00

[quote in reply]

Webmaster wrote:

Phil
03 May 2002
00:38:09

[quote in reply]

Webmaster wrote:

Phil
03 May 2002
00:40:17

[quote in reply]

mike plosker wrote:

> Webmaster wrote:

> > The Peddlers CD reissues are still on target for release this year. Sony have decided on a 2CD set which will include the three CBS albums, 'Freewheelers', 'Three in a Cell' and 'Birthday' plus hopefully all the singles and b-sides that were issued by the label (check the discography page for details). The original recordings are being 24 bit digitally remastered but unfortunately no unreleased recordings have yet come to light. No release date has been set as yet but hopefully we won't have to wait too long. More news as and when......... refer to my messege on 21/3/2002 sony have released these cd in NZ

Phil
06 May 2002
08:50:40

[quote in reply]

Check out a recording co called See for Miles, they have a CD Live at the Pickwick

Colin
23 June 2002
12:02:44

[quote in reply]

Any update on when ?

Who owns the Philips tracks ?

Can we get them re-released ?

According to a german site Virgin were going to re-release Suite London but it has fell through. One site had them for sale - they came back to me saying it was not going to happen.

Webmaster wrote:

adar
29 June 2002
19:19:08

[quote in reply]

frankly it's a hoaks - cause CBS took out VOL 1 and VOL 2 that are not more or less than the 3 complete albums so what is the big deal ?

since colin told all of us where to buy vol 2 CBS can stop the bother -

I for one have remasterd the Best of VOL 1 & 2 on 24 Bit. cut the 2 CDS into the 3 albums took the covers from the net and eddid unreleased matirial (Girlie the single verssion came out here in Israel on a compilation CD)

we must all press on the companys to release Suite London

adar

brian booth
30 June 2002
15:31:52

[quote in reply]

Webmaster wrote:

Tony
08 July 2002
23:52:25

[quote in reply]

Webmaster wrote:

Tony
08 July 2002
23:54:00

[quote in reply]

Webmaster wrote:

Tony
08 July 2002
23:59:38

[quote in reply]

Sorry about the multiple comments...having troubleentering info.

I am trying to find out if the CD releases will be available in Canada. I lost touch with information on The Peddlers way back in the '70s and would like to get hold of any recordings on CD.

Colin
09 July 2002
05:53:56

[quote in reply]

I wouldn't worry where they are released. I live in the UK, but I have bought Peddler CDs from New Zealand where they are still sold, check back on the Forum messages. Their are 4 good CDs currently available.

Colin

Tony wrote:

> Sorry about the multiple comments...having troubleentering info.

> I am trying to find out if the CD releases will be available in Canada. I lost touch with information on The Peddlers way back in the '70s and would like to get hold of any recordings on CD.

* Messages in this forum
* Forum topics

The opinions expressed in the forums are those of the poster and not neccesarily those of the editors. Please report abuse of this site to the webmaster.