The Peddlers

Search:
Latest Update

31 January 2021

Addition to Galleries Page - Personal Collection.  Thanks to Dave Stewart.

7 July 2020

Addition to Galleries page - Peddlers on Dutch TV.  Thanks to Terry Sinett.

13 May 2020

Thanks to Terry Sinnett for additions to Galleries page.

10 October 2018

Great New Roy Phillips album, "Standard Procedure 1"

A set of songs given the classic Peddlers treatment includes "Summertime", "Got My Mojo Working", "Let It Be" and a live version of "My Way" recorded in 1974 by the Peddlers in Amsterdam.

now available from Roy's website

www.royphillips.org  

8 April 2017

Thanks to our friend Bas Mollenkramer for these images of the ultra rare

French release of 'Suite London'

See Galleries

8 March 2013

New image sent in by Jurgen Degasperi!

See Galleries

13 July 2012

Live Photos 1976-1980

See Galleries

15 June 2012

'Southern Woman'

TV clip added to Discography

See 'Birthday'

5 June 2012

New Gallery Page

6 Sept 2007

Ladies and gentlemen,
The Peddlers

24 Sept 2007 

Roy's New CD

Dancing With Shadows

19 August 2006

Suite London

15 April 2006

'Suite London' now on cd! Order here    

7 March 2006

Tis' here enjoy

Click the above link for Roy Phillip's new album! and DVD

Peddlers Forum

[Add a reply]Add a reply
*Back to index

Chat about The Peddlers

Roy Phillips 1983 single
Peter Horton
01 February 2006
21:10:02

[quote in reply]

Recently managed to get my hands on a 1983 Roy Phillips single released in NZ

It is called New Zealand, New Zealand. On it he sings the praises of his adopted country and tells about the magnificent landscape, mountains and peaceful way of life. Very moving song where he is backed by (to quote the label) Kimitia Te Rangimarie Maori Club of Hawera High School. Very powerful song. The B side is called Takapuna.

It is released on the Warrior label and recorded at Mascot Recording Studios, Aukland.

Just wondered if many of The Peddlers fans knew of this one and if it is a very rare record. Would be interested to hear your comments.

Peter

mike plosker
02 February 2006
16:52:56

[quote in reply]

Yes,  I  bought it about 5 years ago on ebay from a guy in Israel for a couple of quid.Sorry but I really don't like it even though I'm a huge Peddlers' and Roy fan.

Rob
03 February 2006
06:36:58

[quote in reply]

Any chance of getting an mp3 of these? And is the B-side an instrumental?

Peter Horton
03 February 2006
18:03:05

[quote in reply]

Rob wrote:

Any chance of getting an mp3 of these? And is the B-side an instrumental?

B side is vocal not instrumental. Will do you mp3

Please contact my email address

Rob
13 February 2006
05:32:17

[quote in reply]

Got 'em......thanks.......cool stuff!

Larry Walker
26 February 2013
03:52:56

[quote in reply]

The group is Kimihia Te Rangimarie, the Maori Culture group from Hawera High School (spelling on the record was spelt incorrectly. As a member of the group at the time and part of the backing vocals, it was a real honour to be singing with such a world-reknown musician/songwriter. It was a unique experience and one the culture group cherish, even to this day (just had our 30 year reunion weekend 23-24 Febuary 2013 in Hawera) It was one of the memories shared by all.
Del
28 February 2013
17:10:37

[quote in reply]

I've had this single for some time Peter. With it I also got a four page publication all about the single and its production. It was first recorded by Roy in 68' during one of his visits to NZ.
18 Wheeler
04 March 2013
22:43:28

[quote in reply]

Was just curious if there might be any chance of getting an mp3 of these emailed to me? I am in the states and the picking is hard to find on much of the less circulated material. Let me know and I can send my email address. Much obliged! Cheers!

Del wrote:

> I've had this single for some time Peter. With it I also got a four page publication all about the single and its production. It was first recorded by Roy in 68' during one of his visits to NZ.

Del
19 March 2013
08:02:31

[quote in reply]

18 Wheeler wrote:

> Was just curious if there might be any chance of getting an mp3 of these emailed to me? I am in the states and the picking is hard to find on much of the less circulated material. Let me know and I can send my email address. Much obliged! Cheers!

Email me 18 Wheeler.

>

>

> Del wrote:

> > I've had this single for some time Peter. With it I also got a four page publication all about the single and its production. It was first recorded by Roy in 68' during one of his visits to NZ.

* Messages in this forum
* Forum topics

The opinions expressed in the forums are those of the poster and not neccesarily those of the editors. Please report abuse of this site to the webmaster.