The Peddlers

Search:
Latest Update

31 January 2021

Addition to Galleries Page - Personal Collection.  Thanks to Dave Stewart.

7 July 2020

Addition to Galleries page - Peddlers on Dutch TV.  Thanks to Terry Sinett.

13 May 2020

Thanks to Terry Sinnett for additions to Galleries page.

10 October 2018

Great New Roy Phillips album, "Standard Procedure 1"

A set of songs given the classic Peddlers treatment includes "Summertime", "Got My Mojo Working", "Let It Be" and a live version of "My Way" recorded in 1974 by the Peddlers in Amsterdam.

now available from Roy's website

www.royphillips.org  

8 April 2017

Thanks to our friend Bas Mollenkramer for these images of the ultra rare

French release of 'Suite London'

See Galleries

8 March 2013

New image sent in by Jurgen Degasperi!

See Galleries

13 July 2012

Live Photos 1976-1980

See Galleries

15 June 2012

'Southern Woman'

TV clip added to Discography

See 'Birthday'

5 June 2012

New Gallery Page

6 Sept 2007

Ladies and gentlemen,
The Peddlers

24 Sept 2007 

Roy's New CD

Dancing With Shadows

19 August 2006

Suite London

15 April 2006

'Suite London' now on cd! Order here    

7 March 2006

Tis' here enjoy

Click the above link for Roy Phillip's new album! and DVD

Peddlers Forum

[Add a reply]Add a reply
*Back to index

Chat about The Peddlers

Suite London
Delboy
04 August 2006
09:05:36

[quote in reply]

Just to say how fantastic it is to have "Suite London" on an official CD at last, as good and fresh sounding as the day it was released all those years ago. A remarkable piece of work which shows just how good the Peddlers were.

The extra bonus tracks are very good quality too so all in all a great release for all us hard core Peddlers fans.

Regards to all Pedds fans wherever you are in the world.

Keep the Faith.

Del

Terry Sinnett
04 August 2006
11:36:59

[quote in reply]

As usual Del is first off the mark!

Yes indeed it is great to have this masterpiece on good quality CD, and the extra tracks are indeed a bonus. I must admit I would have preferred to have had just the original suite on its own, but beggars cannot be choosers, as the saying goes.

Lets hope there are enough sales of S.L. to convince producers to make up another compilation CD of other great Pedds music.

2006 has been a great PEDDLERS year so far. What with Roys brilliant 'Way T'is' and now Suite London, could a hat trick be on with Roy's 'Dancing' project??   Any news on this one anybody??

Greetings to all from Wales.

Steve
04 August 2006
15:21:30

[quote in reply]

I discovered The Peddlers after hearing their cover of My Funny Valentine on an internet radio show.

Just bought this CD, and it's fantastic! I'm a big Zero 7 fan, and had no idea that "I Have Seen" was originally a Peddlers song.

Does anyone know where I can get the Live at The Pickwick CD from in the UK? Seems all the online retailers have sold out, and I couldn't find it in the CD stores either. Also tried eBay, but no luck.

Delboy
04 August 2006
22:48:55

[quote in reply]

Steve wrote:

> I discovered The Peddlers after hearing their cover of My Funny Valentine on an internet radio show.

> Just bought this CD, and it's fantastic! I'm a big Zero 7 fan, and had no idea that "I Have Seen" was originally a Peddlers song.

> Does anyone know where I can get the Live at The Pickwick CD from in the UK? Seems all the online retailers have sold out, and I couldn't find it in the CD stores either. Also tried eBay, but no luck.

Have sent you an email Steve.

Regards

Del

>

Brian
07 August 2006
05:12:31

[quote in reply]

Yes, my copy arrived here in the land of Oz today, courtesy of my great friend and No.1 Pedds fan who shall remain nameless, but he knows who he is!

What a great CD! Yes, I too think a suite should be a 'stand alone' suite, as it was intended, but it's also so great to get some of their lesser known work out on CD too. Bonus tracks in the true sense of the word indeed!

We are so fortunate to be able to add this to our collections after so many years. More to follow?, ... we live in hope, ... and if we do as Del says so often, "Keep the faith", ... well, you never know your luck in a big city!!

Keep Peddlin' !!!   ATB    Brian.

Rob
08 September 2006
04:18:17

[quote in reply]

My Suite London disc is on it's way in the mail.........does anyone know if master tapes were used for the CD? How's the sound? Can't wait to hear it!  

Rob
12 September 2006
05:42:53

[quote in reply]

Got my SUITE LONDON CD today.......the sound is fantastic. I still can't believe this is on an official CD. Bonus tracks are great, too.......I forgot how great It's So Easy is! They messed up the tracklist on the CD, tho.....the last 3 tracks of Suite London all play on track 13......anyway, the full album still plays in it's original order. Amazing music! It still boggles the mind how so few people know of The Peddlers, and how great they are.

Mike Masterton
31 October 2006
21:43:08

[quote in reply]

Yes as Del said it is good to have SL on CD and it does sound so good after all these years on vinyl.

Now I would like to hear singles like Rainy day In London on CD and in stereo as well, I love that single.So come on Philips record lable you can do it too !

* Messages in this forum
* Forum topics

The opinions expressed in the forums are those of the poster and not neccesarily those of the editors. Please report abuse of this site to the webmaster.