The Peddlers

Search:
Latest Update

31 January 2021

Addition to Galleries Page - Personal Collection.  Thanks to Dave Stewart.

7 July 2020

Addition to Galleries page - Peddlers on Dutch TV.  Thanks to Terry Sinett.

13 May 2020

Thanks to Terry Sinnett for additions to Galleries page.

10 October 2018

Great New Roy Phillips album, "Standard Procedure 1"

A set of songs given the classic Peddlers treatment includes "Summertime", "Got My Mojo Working", "Let It Be" and a live version of "My Way" recorded in 1974 by the Peddlers in Amsterdam.

now available from Roy's website

www.royphillips.org  

8 April 2017

Thanks to our friend Bas Mollenkramer for these images of the ultra rare

French release of 'Suite London'

See Galleries

8 March 2013

New image sent in by Jurgen Degasperi!

See Galleries

13 July 2012

Live Photos 1976-1980

See Galleries

15 June 2012

'Southern Woman'

TV clip added to Discography

See 'Birthday'

5 June 2012

New Gallery Page

6 Sept 2007

Ladies and gentlemen,
The Peddlers

24 Sept 2007 

Roy's New CD

Dancing With Shadows

19 August 2006

Suite London

15 April 2006

'Suite London' now on cd! Order here    

7 March 2006

Tis' here enjoy

Click the above link for Roy Phillip's new album! and DVD

Peddlers Forum

[Add a reply]Add a reply
*Back to index

Chat about The Peddlers

Page 1 of 2Pages: >1< 2
Peddlers reissues
John
08 September 2001
18:11:24

[quote in reply]

Great news! Sony Music are planning to reissue the Peddlers CBS recordings on CD! Sony have asked what format Peddlers fans would like the CD's to take. If you haven't already had a seperate email regarding this please let us know which of the following options you would like to see.

1. Issue each of the three CBS albums seperately with bonus tracks i.e non album singles, b-sides and possibly unreleased tracks.

2. Issue a 2 or 3 CD set with the complete CBS recordings in release order.

3. Issue a 3 CD set with the bonus tracks on the third CD.

4. A 'best of' CD.

Please bear in mind the more response we have on this the more likely Sony are to go ahead.

Mike Masterton
11 September 2001
17:47:15

[quote in reply]

Re:Peddlers reissues

I have already replied to John's e-mail stating my preference

to no 1 great new's all the same.

Mike.

ps no other replies yet ????

>

>

Graham
13 September 2001
14:58:06

[quote in reply]

I vote for option 3!

Graham

John wrote:

> Great news! Sony Music are planning to reissue the Peddlers CBS recordings on CD! Sony have asked what format Peddlers fans would like the CD's to take. If you haven't already had a seperate email regarding this please let us know which of the following options you would like to see.

>

> 1. Issue each of the three CBS albums seperately with bonus tracks i.e non album singles, b-sides and possibly unreleased tracks.

>

> 2. Issue a 2 or 3 CD set with the complete CBS recordings in release order.

>

> 3. Issue a 3 CD set with the bonus tracks on the third CD.

>

> 4. A 'best of' CD.

>

> Please bear in mind the more response we have on this the more likely Sony are to go ahead.

>

>

Joan Wassenberg
15 September 2001
16:49:37

[quote in reply]

3 is the best option.

John wrote:

> Great news! Sony Music are planning to reissue the Peddlers CBS recordings on CD! Sony have asked what format Peddlers fans would like the CD's to take. If you haven't already had a seperate email regarding this please let us know which of the following options you would like to see.

>

> 1. Issue each of the three CBS albums seperately with bonus tracks i.e non album singles, b-sides and possibly unreleased tracks.

>

>

>

> 4. A 'best of' CD.

>

> Please bear in mind the more response we have on this the more likely Sony are to go ahead.

>

>

Rob
15 September 2001
17:57:39

[quote in reply]

John wrote:

>

>

>

>

> 4. A 'best of' CD.

>

>

> Dear John

I've got most of the peddlers songs, I'm just missing 6 songs.

So I,m very curious of the possibly unreleased tracks.

That,s why I vote for number 1

Best regards

Rob from Holland

Glyn
25 September 2001
22:34:55

[quote in reply]

John wrote:

>

>

>

>

> 4. A 'best of' CD.

>

> I have to go with option 1 which has the possibility of hearing unreleased recordings. Usually when you see listed 'unreleased' recording they tend to be second rate, but nothing by the Peddlers can be considered second rate.

>

Graham
27 September 2001
16:50:14

[quote in reply]

John wrote:

>

>

>

>

> 4. A 'best of' CD.

>

>

>

I would have to go for option one, as getting any Peddlers tracks on CD would be a bonus as I only have the LP's.

Any info about Peddlers Part 1 CD would be appreciated - especially where to get one.

Keep up the good work!

Jonathan Berman
30 September 2001
10:33:00

[quote in reply]

I don't mind -Just tell me when and where I can get it. My Dad loved this group and I want to get it for him as a present.

Do we know when this is going to happen?

Bernd Matheja
04 October 2001
09:20:02

[quote in reply]

John wrote:

>

>

>

>

> 4. A 'best of' CD.

>

>

Option 1, please - with the original sleeves !

>

Sandy McDiarmid
10 October 2001
22:39:27

[quote in reply]

John wrote:

>

>

>

>

> 4. A 'best of' CD.

>

>

> Option 1 wins by a short neck from Option 3. Options 2 and 4 are non-starters for anyone having the original vinyl issues.

In Bob's Shadow
11 October 2001
19:13:12

[quote in reply]

I'd go for option 1. Barring that any option will do.

Mat
16 October 2001
10:46:00

[quote in reply]

I prefer option number 1 and I hope it will be coming very soon !

Please let me know, when any solution is available.

Mat

John wrote:

>

>

>

>

> 4. A 'best of' CD.

>

>

>

Alan Britton
17 October 2001
22:47:25

[quote in reply]

I go with option 1 as well, please. Dare we hope for a pre-Christmas release date?

Alan

Graham Clark
22 October 2001
23:01:50

[quote in reply]

John wrote: > Great news! Sony Music are planning to reissue the Peddlers CBS recordings on CD! Sony have asked what format Peddlers fans would like the CD's to take. If you haven't already had a seperate email regarding this please let us know which of the following options you would like to see. > > 1. Issue each of the three CBS albums seperately with bonus tracks i.e non album singles, b-sides and possibly unreleased tracks. > > 2. Issue a 2 or 3 CD set with the complete CBS recordings in release order. > > 3. Issue a 3 CD set with the bonus tracks on the third CD. > > 4. A 'best of' CD. > > Please bear in mind the more response we have on this the more likely Sony are to go ahead. > >

Graham Clark
22 October 2001
23:08:45

[quote in reply]

Ignore the first message. I wpould love to hear if any Peddlars records were re ssued as I am one of their greatest fans

adar avisar
08 December 2001
08:59:21

[quote in reply]

the best would be taking out each cd with bonusws

2)when is it planned ?

3)what about the suit london

adar

DAVID FARREN
09 December 2001
09:48:03

[quote in reply]

John wrote:

>

>

>

>

> 4. A 'best of' CD.

>

>

I would pprefer either option 2 or 4 for the re-issue idea.

Looking forward with great anticipation to which ever option is chosen.

An old fan.

D. Farren

>

Ton de Jager
18 December 2001
12:35:13

[quote in reply]

Hello all,

I just recently discovered this site.

I've been a big fan of The Peddlers since many years.

I try to collect as much records as possible.

I am still lokking for Suite London. Anybody?

I would prefer option 1 for a release.

I am from Holland and would like to be informed about further developments.

Greetings from

Ton de Jager.

See also: http://www.experience-music.nl [new window]

Mike Masterton
22 December 2001
22:52:51

[quote in reply]

Ton,Welcome, I can tape Suite London if you wish

> Hello all,

> I just recently discovered this site.

> I've been a big fan of The Peddlers since many years.

> I try to collect as much records as possible.

> I am still lokking for Suite London. Anybody?

> I would prefer option 1 for a release.

> I am from Holland and would like to be informed about further developments.

> Greetings from

>

Ton de Jager.

ADAR AVISAR
29 December 2001
16:23:44

[quote in reply]

Hi

do you have by any chance the peddlers best iof vol II on cd it came out for a short while in holland and was delited

thanx

adar

See also: avisar33@barak-online.net [new window]

Next Page
* Messages in this forum
* Forum topics

The opinions expressed in the forums are those of the poster and not neccesarily those of the editors. Please report abuse of this site to the webmaster.